Lenovo has recently released a critical BIOS update for some thinkpad systems to prevent charging issues with some USB-C power device configurations. This article will show you how to complete these BIOS updates.
- Search for the Windows Store in the search bar at the bottom.
- Open the Windows Store app and search for Lenovo Vantage at the top.
- Click the blue Get button in the upper right.
- After Lenovo Vantage has finished installing, launch the program
- You will get a prompt for Allow Installing Vantage Service, click Ok. You will then get a User Account Control prompt, Click Yes
- After Lenovo Vantage finishes installing, there will be a "Welcome to Lenovo Vantage" popup, click Next
- Uncheck the Enable the Lenovo Vantage Toolbar and check Agree to the Lenovo Privacy Statement, then click Done. [Uncheck the Toolbar setting as this is not required and agree to the Privacy statement to complete the prompt]
- In the upper right, there will be a purple System Update tab, Click Check for System Updates
- Lenovo Vantage will now look for updates on your machine. Select all updates that appear including the BIOS update if it is available. Click install now.
- There may be a popup requiring a reboot after installing these updates, click Ok. For the BIOS update, there will be a popup requiring your machine to be plugged in. Make sure that your laptop is connected to power and click Ok.
- Let the updates run until completion. If doing the BIOS update, the screen will enter a black and white boot screen where it will update the BIOS. Do not restart the machine while updates are underway.
- Once completed, the computer will restart and boot normally.
Please sign in to leave a comment.