Microsoft Bookings lets you track, manage, and organize your appointments and calendars all in one place. A bookings calendar integrates with your personal Outlook calendar so there are no conflicting dates/times. Create a calendar for each event for customers to schedule and re-schedule.
- Self-service 24/7 to eliminate the wait
- Set availability in advance
- Sync with Outlook Calendar – **Important to keep your Outlook calendar up-to-date**
- Request specific information at time of booking
- Provide specific instructions
- Set custom reminders/notifications
- In-person and virtual meetings
- Manage your calendar from anywhere using mobile app
- Offer multiple services from same booking page/URL - (https://bookings.princeton.edu/)
First time access
- Go to portal.office.com and login is prompted.
- In the search bar at the top, type bookings and then choose bookings from the list below. The Bookings homepage opens showing any Booking calendars you have created in the past.
After accessing the first time
- You can search or select another booking calendar from the Bookings homepage.
Microsoft Bookings - Training Articles
- Creating a New Booking Calendar
- Booking Services Setup
- Adding Staff/Scheduling closures, time off and vacation time
- Setup and Publish your Booking Page
- Creating a Manual Booking
- Adding Employees Work Hours and Days off
- Delete a Booking Calendar
- Manage Bookings in Microsoft Teams
What to think about before creating your bookings calendar
Define how the staff will use this calendar. What service will you provide on the appointments, i.e. in person/on phone/online/Webex meetings, etc.
One staff member (you) - Are you the only one using this bookings calendar
- Only Role is Administrator (you)
- One staff member (you) - Are you the only one using this bookings calendar
Group of staff members - Where several team members will be using the same calendar
- Assign someone to be able to create manual bookings, update the bookings settings
- Group of staff members - Where several team members will be using the same calendar
Name for the calendar (Business name) - Describes the organizational unit this calendar serves. i.e. Office of ..... or your name
NOTE: Keep in mind that this name will create the email address for sending booking invites (e.g. email@example.com) and booking page link (e.g. https://firstname.lastname@example.org) - may want to keep it short.
- Decide what Role staff members will have. - (ONLY for a group)
The NEW Microsoft Bookings Sept. 2021
Bookings app in Microsoft Teams
Article is closed for comments.