Changing your Banner password.
Procedures or Details
- Log onto Banner
- From the Main Menu, type GUAPSWD (Password Change Form) in the GO field
- Enter current Banner password, <tab>
- Enter new Banner password using the following rules: <tab>
- Password Life Time is 180 Days. So you have to change your password about twice a year
- Password Grace time is 3 Days. So you have 3 days notice to change your password, before it becomes locked
- Passwords can't be reused
- If you try and login to your account with the incorrect password 3 times, then account is locked.
- The account stays locked until unlocked by IACS Customer Support (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In addition to those changes users have to have a password with a letter, a number and a special character such as ( !#%*+,-/:?_ ) The special character cannot be any of the following (= @$&"(),<>`; ), due to restrictions with SCT code.
- Minimum length of at least 4 characters.
- The first position of the new Banner Password should not be ‘!’
- Re-enter new Banner password
- Press the SAVE button (or F10) to save this password OR Press the EXIT button (or Ctrl + q) to exit the form.