Students are allowed to convert their Box @RPI Enterprise account to a free private Box account when they leave the Institute.
*NOTE: This is not available to Staff and Faculty.
In order to convert your Box @RPI account into a private Box account:
- AFTER receiving your "Account Expiration Notice" from RPI, 30 days prior to graduating, but BEFORE you graduate...
- Log into your Box @RPI account.
- Add a non-RPI "Alternative" email address to your Box account.
- Save your account changes and exit Box.
- After graduation, as part of our automatic account expiration process, your Box account will be moved out of the Enterprise.
- You will receive a notification from Box about the change, at your alternative email address.
- Follow any and all subsequent Box instructions to complete the privatization process, including the creation of a new password.
If you have any questions about this procedure, please submit a support request