MATLAB Access for Everyone at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has a Total Academic Headcount (TAH) license which provides campus-wide access to MATLAB, Simulink, and a variety of add-on products. All faculty, researchers, and students can use MATLAB on their personal computers and laptops.
MathWorks has developed, a customized access portal. The customized RPI portal, hosted by MathWorks, offers a streamlined approach to software and training.
Visit the live MathWorks page.
Links on this portal page include:
- Downloading MATLAB
- MATLAB HELP
- Resources for Educators
- MATLAB Training
- Using MATLAB in the Cloud
- Using MATLAB on a Mobile Devices
- Click the link to go to the RPI MathWorks page.
- Under “Download MATLAB” click Get started today.
- Enter your RCS userid and password.
- If you do not have a MathWorks account yet you will need to create one.
New MathWorks Account:
For a new account, you will receive an email to verify your MathWorks Account.
- Click the button to “Verify your email”.
- You will then receive a second email to “Confirm MathWorks Account information” advising you that “Your MathWorks Account has recently been associated with a license for MathWorks software”.
- Login to MathWorks using the account information you just setup.
- Under “License”, click once on the license number.
- Click "Download" under manage download.
- Click once on the version to download.
- Choose Installer and download product files.
- Save the exe File.
- Browse to exe file and Run -- you will see the below run on your screen showing the WinZip Extractor.
- For Windows this WinZip Self-Extractor window will appear then go away.
- For Mac – double-click the "InstallForMacOSX" icon when it appears.
- If you have high security settings a security window may appear during the Mac install, choose open.
- If you receive a similar window for Windows, click Allow.
- Once the zip file runs the MathWorks Installer dialog box appears.
- Choose “Log in with a MathWorks Account” and then click Next.
- Choose “Yes” for the License Agreement and then click Next.
- Login with your MathWorks Account and then click Next.
- Your License number appears below, which should be selected, choose Next.
- Do not change the default installation folder -- click Next.
- Select only the product(s) you want to install and then click Next.
- Choose shortcuts and help for MATLAB and then click Next.
- Review the Confirmation information and then click Install.
- MATLAB starts to install – Click Next when the Product Configuration Notes screen appears.
- Installation Complete dialog box appears. Make sure Activate MatLab box is checked - Click Next to Activate MATLAB.
- Click Next at the MathWorks Software Activation dialog box.
- Make sure your name appears in the User Name dialog box and then click Next.
- Click Confirm.
- The Activation Complete dialog box appears. Click Finish.