SecureCRT client for Windows, Mac, and Linux provides terminal emulation with advanced session management.
This guide describes how to install SecureCRT on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. SecureCRT is also available for Linux and Windows, please see the following links for instructions on installing the software for those platforms:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
Installing the application on a computer with 64-bit Mac OS:
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run the program
- In the Finder, click on the Go menu and then click Connect to Server...
- In the Connect To Server dialog box, type smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software and click Connect.
- In the next windows, type in your win\RCS UserID for Name and your RCS Password for password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Make sure Registered User is selected and Workgroup/Domain is set to the default. Click Connect. A new drive will be mounted called software.
- Go to the Finder and open the software drive.
- Open the following folders: securecrt > 8.5.2
- Drag the Mac folder to the Desktop of your computer. Because of the size of the files in the folder it may take some time to copy. Please be patient.
- From the Mac folder, double-click on the file scrt-188.8.131.529.osx_x64.tar.gz.
- A folder named scrt-8.5.2 will be extracted to the Mac folder.
- Open the scrt-8.5.2 folder.
- Double-click on the SecureCRT icon to launch the application.
Activating the license:
- The first time you open SecureCRT you will see the SecureCRT License Data window.
- Click on I Agree.
- You will then see the Encrypt sensitive data window. It is recommended that you select the first option and configure a passphrase, but it is not required. Once you have made a choice, click OK to proceed.
- Click Cancel at the Quick Connect window.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Import Settings.
- Make sure License is checked and uncheck Global Options and Sessions.
- Click on the … symbol under Import from file.
- Navigate to the copied Mac directory and select the SecureCRT_License_8_5_2.xml file. Click Open.
- Click on Import.
- The license information will be imported. Once it has finished click on Close.
- Please unmount the //arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software share so others can use the files.
- To unmount the drive, right click on it and select Eject "software".