SecureCRT client for Windows, Mac, and Linux provides terminal emulation with advanced session management.
This guide describes how to install SecureCRT on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. SecureCRT is also available for Mac and Windows, please see the following links for instructions on installing the software for those platforms:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
SecureCRT is available for the following versions of Linux:
- Red Hat Enterprise 7.0
- Ubuntu 14.x
- Ubuntu 16.x
Installing the application on a computer with 64-bit Linux:
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run the program
- Click on file.
- Click on Connect to Server... and fill in the information as follows:
- Service Type: Windows Share
- Server: arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu
- Share: software
- Folder: securecrt
- User Name: (leave blank)
- Domain Name: win.rpi.edu
Activating the license:
- The first time you open the program you will see the SecureCRT License Data window.
- Click on I Agree.
- You will then see the Encrypt sensitive data window. It is recommended that you select the first option and configure a passphrase, but it is not required. Once you have made a choice, click OK to proceed.
- Click Cancel at the Quick Connect window.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Import Settings.
- Make sure License is checked and uncheck Global Options and Sessions.
- Click on the … symbol under Import from file.
- Navigate to the copied Linux directory and select the SecureCRT_License_8.3.xml file. Click Open.
- Click on Import.
- The license information will be imported. Once it has finished click on Close.
- Please unmount the //arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software share so others can use the files.
- To unmount the drive, right click on it and select Unmount Volume.