How to connect your laptop to rpi_wpa2 running Windows OS
- If your laptop has a physical wireless switch, be sure that it is in the “on” position. Also, be sure that the electronic wireless switch is also on by pressing the Fn and F5 keys at the same time. Your 802.11 wireless radio also needs to be on.
- Open the Control Panel and then open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Manage Wireless Networks, then click on Add.
- Click on Manually create a network profile and enter rpi_wpa2 for the Network name. (Please note that this is case-sensitive.)
- Open the Security Type drop-down menu and select the WPA2 Enterprise option.
- The Data Encryption is AES.
- If you see the Save this network for me only option, select it and then check Start this connection automatically.
- Click on Next. You should see a message stating that you have successfully added rpi_wpa2.
- Click on Change connection settings.
- In the rpi_wpa2 Wireless Network Properties, select the Connect automatically when this network is in range option.
- Click on the Security tab at the top of the rpi_wpa2 Wireless Network Properties window. The Security Type should show WPA2-Enterprise, and the Encryption type should show AES.
- From the Authentication method drop-down menu, select Microsoft: Protected EAP PEAP.
- Be sure the box next to “Remember my credentials for this connection each time I’m logged in” is selected.
- Click on Settings to open the Protected EAP Properties window.
- Make sure that Validate Server Certificate: is not checked (enabled).
- Select the Enable Fast Reconnect option.
- To the right of Secured password EAP-MSChap v2, open Configure and deselect the Automatically use my Windows login name and password option (and domain, if any).
- Select OK to close this window, then click on OK to close the Protected EAP Properties window.
- Click on OK to close the rpi_wpa2 Wireless Network Properties window, and finally select Close for the Manually connect to a wireless network window option.
Connecting to the RPI wireless network
- Open your Network Access icon from the system tray.
- Click on rpi_wpa2 and then select Connect. The system will prompt you to enter your RCS userID and password. If you are prompted with a Terminate or Connect option, select Connect.
Please note that you may need to enter your RCS userID more than once the first time you log onto the wireless network.