You may purchase an Android phone or other mobile phone through Rensselaer's wireless representatives.
- Configuring your Android Phone to use RPI's IMAP service (for students)
- Using the Mobile Exchange (MobEx) Service (for employees)
Rensselaer Mobile App
Rensselaer has tailored a mobile website called the Portable Rensselaer.
Authenticating via WPA2 Enterprise using PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol
The RPI wireless network requires users to authenticate via WPA2 Enterprise using PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol). The following information provides instructions on how to do this.
Make sure that your device has been updated to the latest software version available. These instructions were written for Android 4.3, on a Samsung Galaxy SIII, but the same process will work for an Android device running version 4.0 or greater.
- Open Settings from the App Drawer.
Make sure the Wi-Fi switch is set to ON. Tap the Wi-Fi icon to open Wi-Fi settings.
2. Tap the network name, i.e. rpi_wpa2 or Eduroam
3. Set EAP method to PEAP, Phase 2 authentication to MSCHAPv2, and leave CA certificate as (Unspecified). NOTE: On some phones, you may need to select 'do not validate' or 'None' for CA certificates.
4. Enter your RCS ID in the Identity and Anonymous identity fields. Enter your RCS account password in the Password field.
6. Press the Connect button.
You should now have full connectivity to the network.