**NOTE: Exchange users are not able to use Gmail as a client. This configuration is for anyone using our IMAP server.**
Please follow the instructions below to use Gmail as an email web client to read and send email with your RPI email account.
1. Log in to your Gmail account on your web browser.
2. On the top right corner of Gmail webpage, click on the gear symbol, select Settings on the drop down menu.
3. Select 'Accounts and Import' tab then select 'Add a mail account'
4. In the pop-up window, type your RPI email address and click 'Next'
5. Select 'Import emails from my other account (POP3)' and click 'Next'.
6. Use RCSID WITHOUT @rpi.edu in 'Username' field. Type your email password in the field.
**Verify that POP server is mail.rpi.edu Port 995 and the option to 'Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieveing mail' is selected**
7. Click 'Add Account'
8. If setup successfully, you will see 'Your mail account has been added'.
If you would like to be able to send email from your RPI email account right from Gmail, select 'Yes, I want to be able to send mail as RCSID@rpi.edu'.
9. Click 'Next'.
10. Type your name and UNSELECT 'Treat as an alias'. Click 'Next Step'
11. Verify SMTP Server: mail.rpi.edu Port: 465. Make sure to select 'Secure connection using SSL'
Alternatively, Port 587 and 'Secure connection using TLS' would also works.
12. Click 'Add Account'
13. You will be redirect to this pop up window to verify your account.
14. Go to webmail.rpi.edu
You should see email from Gmail subject 'Gmail Confirmation - Send Mail as RCSID@rpi.edu'
You can click on the link in the confirmation email or enter the confirmation code in the field.
15. Please note that you can set up a 'reply-from' option afterwards in 'Accounts and Import'
Please send a test email from this account to verify that your email on Gmail is functional. If you need additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, extension 7777