To configure Thunderbird 52.4.0 to use IMAP to connect to your RPI email
1. Download Thunderbird from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
2. Launch Thunderbird after completing the installation
[Mozilla Thunderbird Setup dialog box with, launch mozilla thinderbird now selected andthe finish button selected]
3. Select 'Skip Integration'
[System Integration dialog box showing email selected and skip integration selected]
4. Select 'Skip this and use my existing email'
[Welcome to Thunderbird dialog box with skip this and use my existing email selected]
5. Type your name, your RPI email address, password and make sure to select 'Remember password', Click 'Continue'
[Mail Account Setup dialog box showing Your name, Email Address and Password complete with Remember password selected and the continue button selected]
6. The client should detect and populate the correct settings, as shown below. If so, click "Done". At this point, your client should be properly configured and will begin to load your inbox.
If your settings for the Incoming and Outgoing servers do not match what is shown here, click the "Manual config" button, and proceed as directed below.
[Mail Account Setup dialog box with IMAP option selected and Manual config button selected]
7. In the new pop-up window, select the options to make the settings match what is shown here. When this is complete, click "Done".
[Mail Account Setup dialog box showing incoming port number 143, SSL as STARTTLS and outgoing port number 587, SSL as STARTTLS]
Please send a test email from this account to verify that your email on Gmail is functional. If you need additional assistance, please submit a request for assistance.