To configure Thunderbird 52.4.0 to use IMAP to connect to your RPI email:
1. Download Thunderbird from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
2. Launch Thunderbird after completing the installation
3. Select 'Skip Integration'
4. Select 'Skip this and use my existing email'
5. Type your name, your RPI email address, password and make sure to select 'Remember password', Click 'Continue'
6. The client should detect and populate the correct settings, as shown below. If so, click "Done". At this point, your client should be properly configured and will begin to load your inbox.
If your settings for the Incoming and Outgoing servers do not match what is shown here, click the "Manual config" button, and proceed as directed below.
7. In the new pop-up window, select the options to make the settings match what is shown here. When this is complete, click "Done".
Please send a test email from this account to verify that your email on Gmail is functional. If you need additional assistance, please submit a request for assistance.