Use the instructions given below for configuring your e-mail client on an HTC, Galaxy S, or Motorola Android phone.
NOTE: Prior to configuring email on your phone you must first have the Cisco Anyconnect App working with Duo. If you do not have that yet please go to this article:VPN - Mobile Device Android
- Open the Mail application; a list of mail providers should appear
- Select Other (POP3/IMAP)
- In the Email Address field, enter RPI email
- In the password field, enter RCS password
- Choose Manual Setup, IMAP account
- In the Email Address field, enter RPI email address
- Enter your RCS username in the Username field
- Enter your RCS password in the Password field
- Enter mail.rpi.edu for the IMAP Incoming Server name
- Select TLS
- Make sure the server port is set to 143
- Enter mail.rpi.edu into the SMTP Outgoing Server field
- Set security to SSL
- Set the port to 465
- Choose either the Email or Messaging application.
- Press the phone's menu button (not the home, back, or search buttons) and select Manage accounts.
- Select the account type you would like to set up. If you are setting up your RPI e-mail, select Email.
- Remove the checkmark from the Automatically Configure account option, and enter your RPI e-mail address in the field.
- Enter your RCS password in the Password field, and click Next.
- Under General Settings, set both the account name (the name that will appear on the phone) and your name (the name that will appear on the message when you send e-mail).
- Under Incoming Server, select IMAP mail server, set the server name to mail.rpi.edu, Username to your RCS userID, and Password to your RCS password.
- Place a checkmark next to the Use a secure connection option and make sure the port number is set to 993.
- On the Outgoing Server page, set the SMTP server to mail.rpi.edu, Your Username to your RCS userID and Password to your RCS password. Place a checkmark next to the Use a secure connection option and make sure the port number is set to 465.
- Under Other Settings, choose when you wish to delete messages, or set this to Never delete messages. (However, if you regularly receive large files by e-mail, remember that your phone has limited data storage.) You can choose to manually delete e-mails if you don't want this to happen automatically.
- Click OK.