Tips on using the different types of printers.
Where do I pick up my job?
- If you are printing to a self-service printer, you will find your job at the printer. If you are printing to one of the printers or plotters in the VCC Computer Room, output is brought upstairs two to three times per hour to the racks along side VCC South Lab.
- Please do not go down to the Computer Room to pick up your output, as you will not be allowed to pick up your printouts. All that you will accomplish is to distract the Operators who are busy running the printers.
- Because it is the end of the semester, hundreds of people may be plotting simultaneously. Therefore, you may have to wait several hours before your job prints. Please allow this extra time and be patient.
- Remember to allow an extra two to four hours for clear-film after your plot has finished. The plot needs plenty of time to dry before it is rolled up and placed in the racks! Please allow this extra time and be patient.
Custom paper size?
- If you want to print on paper larger than 8 ½ x 11, be sure to follow these instructions. You must change the paper size in the printer properties before printing.
- The following printers can print on 11 × 17 inch (tabloid) pape:
- VCSOUTB (one-sided, b&w) - 20 cents/page + 10 cents/job
- VCBLW (one-sided, b&w) - 20 cents/page + 10 cents/job
- VCBLW (two-sided, b&w) - 30 cents/sheet + 10 cents/job
- VC7760B (one-sided, color) - 20 cents/page + 20 cents/job
- VC7760B (two-sided, color) - 30 cents/sheet + 20 cents/job