Students can configure their email to forward to another email address such as gmail. Note once email is forwarded, it will not reside in your RPI email account.
- Web-based forwarding . This program allows students to display, set, change, or clear the e-mail forwarding of their RPI email. You will be asked to enter your RCS userID and password. Please allow up to 24 hours for your forwarding change request to take effect.
- Your e-mail will continue to be forwarded until you explicitly discontinue it. (To remove the current forward, click the Remove Current Forward button.)
- For example, if you want to forward mail to your account userabcd on a system called xyz.com , enter email@example.com
- Be certain to enter the email address correctly as an incorrect or invalid address will result in lost e-mail.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for any change to forwarding, setup or removal, to take effect.
NOTE: When you do forward your email, it will no longer go to your RPI inbox but only go to the Inbox of the email address you are forwarding to. Forwarding lasts for the duration and an additional six months from your end date at Rensselaer.