This document covers the steps needed to charge your print jobs to a departmental printing account instead of a personal account.
In order to charge a print job to a departmental account, you must receive authorization from the department and print using the lpr -A command in UNIX. You cannot print through Windows.
Before charging a print job to a departmental account, you must request to be added to a printing group through your department. Have the authorized person in your department submit a request for assistance including the following information:
- your name
- your RCS userID
- the departmental account number to which you will be authorized to print
Once you have been added to the printing group, you will receive e-mail with the authorized account number and instructions.
Print the Document:
- Print the document to a PostScript file.
- Copy the print file (ends in .ps) to your RCS account.
- Log in to an RCS UNIX computer, either at the terminal or via SSH using SecureCRT.
- Enter the following command at a Unix command prompt:
- lpr -Pprinter name -Aaccountnumber filename .ps