Mailbox quota information:
NOTE: Mailbox size directly effects the performance of your e-mail client, especially in situations where you are retrieving e-mail from off campus. Below is information regarding your Exchange mailbox quota. See Exchange policies.
- You will receive a reminder when your mailbox size is: 1.9GB
- You will not be able to send e-mail, but may continue to receive e-mail at: 2GB
- You will be unable to send or receive e-mail at: 2.3GB
You can free up space by:
1. Emptying your "Deleted Items" folder
2. Attachments take up alot of space, you can save and then delete attachments within an email.
IN Outlook - "Filter" your emails by attachments.
- Click "Filter" at the top and choose Attachments, click Apply. You can save your attachments to Box (Register for a Box account: https://dotcio.rpi.edu/box) and then either delete the email or save the email without an attachment.
- Open the email, click once on the attachment, Click "Save File" Click OK.
To Save this email without an attachment in Outlook:
- Once you saved the attachment, click the drop-down arrow to the right of an attachment and choose Remove attachment.
3. Archiving your emails. - You can use "AutoArchive"
If you decide to Archive you will need to save your .pst file.