Mailbox quota information:
NOTE: Mailbox size directly effects the performance of your e-mail client, especially in situations where you are retrieving e-mail from off campus. Below is information regarding your Exchange mailbox quota. See Exchange policies.
- You will receive a reminder when your mailbox size is: 1.9GB
- You will not be able to send e-mail, but may continue to receive e-mail at: 2GB
- You will be unable to send or receive e-mail at: 2.3GB
You can free up space by:
1. Emptying your "Deleted Items" folder
2. Attachments take up a lot of space, you can save and then delete attachments within an email.
IN Outlook - "Filter" your emails by attachments.
1. Click "Filter" at the top and choose Attachments, click Apply. You can save your attachments to Box (Register for a Box account: https://dotcio.rpi.edu/box) and then either delete the email or save the email without an attachment.
2. Open the email, click once on the attachment, Click "Save File" Click OK.
To Save this email without an attachment in Outlook:
1. Once you saved the attachment, click the drop-down arrow to the right of an attachment and choose Remove attachment.
2. Archiving your emails. - You can use "AutoArchive"
If you decide to Archive you will need to save your .pst file.
Export or backup email Contacts and/or Calendar