LabVIEW is systems engineering software for applications that require test, measurement, and control with rapid access to hardware and data insights.
This guide describes how to install LabVIEW on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. LabVIEW is also available for Mac and Linux, please see the following links for instructions on installing the software for those platforms:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The LabVIEW software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the LabVIEW software to anyone.
- The LabVIEW software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Installing LabVIEW 2019 on a computer with 64-bit Windows 10, 8.1, or 7
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open a Run window on your screen.
- In the Run window, type in explorer and hit enter, this will open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer, open the following folder: \\arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu\software\ni\labview\2019\Windows. You may be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Copy the LabView_2019.exe file onto your computer's desktop.
- Double-click on the copied LabView_2019 file.
- When the WinZip Self-Extractor window opens, click OK.
- Click Setup to start the Installer.
- At the User Account Control window, click Yes.
- A command window will open, do not close this window. It will close automatically once all the steps are completed.
- Read and accept the NI Package Manager License Agreement by choosing I accept the above license agreement and clicking Next.
- Leave the Windows Fast Startup disabled by clicking Next.
- In the next window click Next to install the NI Package Manager.
- Once the Package Manager is installed, the LabVIEW installer will open.
- In the Select Products window, choose the products you want to install and click Next.
- In the Additional items you may wish to install window, select any additional products you want and click Next when finished.
- Read and accept the two National Instruments license agreements by choosing I accept the above 2 license agreements and clicking Next.
- Read and accept the two Microsoft license agreements by choosing I accept the above 2 license agreements and clicking Next.
- In the next window, review the information and click Next.
- In the next window, click Next to start the installation.
- If you see a Windows Security window open, click on Install to continue the installation.
- When the NI Update Service window opens, click on Yes.
- When asked to participate in the National Instruments Customer Experience Improvement Program, select No, I do not want to participate and click OK.
- The NI Licensing Manager will now open and you will then be asked to log into NI using an NI User Account. If you already have an account, login and click Log in. If you do not have an account, click on the Create account link at the bottom of the window. If the link does not work open a web browser, navigate to the NI User Account page, and click on Create Account at the bottom.
- The Create account link will open a browser window at NI. Enter in the required information and click on Create Account.
- Once your account has been created, go back to the NI User Account window and log in using the account you just created.
- Once you have logged in, you will be asked to input Serial Numbers to activate you LabVIEW. Do not enter anything and close the window using the x in the top right-hand corner.
- The LabVIEW installation window will ask you to reboot your computer to finish installation. Do not reboot at this time. Close the window instead using the x in the top right-hand corner.
- Once you close the installation window, final setup information will be loaded and the command window will close.
- After the command window closes, reboot your computer to finish the installation.