Pasco DataStudio for Windows and Mac is a data acquisition, display, and analysis software.
This guide describes how to install Pasco DataStudio on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. Pasco DataStudio is also available for Windows, please see the following link for instructions on installing the software on that platform:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The Pasco software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- The Pasco software cannot be used for research purposes.
- You cannot distribute the Pasco software to anyone.
- The Pasco software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Installing Pasco 1.9.8R10 on a Mac:
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run the program
- In the Finder, click on the Go menu and then click Connect to Server...
- In the Connect To Server dialog box, enter smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software and click Connect.
- In the next windows, type in win\RCS UserID for Name and your RCS Password for password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Make sure Registered User is selected and then click Connect.
- For Workgroup/Domain, accept the default.
- A new drive will be mounted called software.
- Go to the Finder and open the software drive.
- Open the following folders: pasco > 1.9.8r10 > mac
- Copy the file MAC_License.txt to your computer's Desktop.
- Back in the mac folder, right-click or Ctrl-click on DataStudio.mpkg and select Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to Contents > Packages and double-click on the two packages to install DataStudio. You might be prompted for a username and password, enter your computer’s user name and password (not your RCS ones) and click OK.
- If during the installation you are prompted to select application, hit cancel.
- Before you can start using the software, you need to apply the license.
- Launch DataStudio.
- At the displayed window, click on DataStudio and then fill in the field using the codes found in the MAC_License.txt (the file that was copied to the Desktop in step 9) for DataStudio.
- Do the same for WAVEPORT.
- Please disconnect the smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software drive so others can access the files.
- Right-click on the software drive and select Eject “software”.