Rensselaer employees with iOS devices may use their smartphone or tablet to access their Exchange mailbox by enrolling in our Mobile Exchange (MobEx) service.
The MobEx service configures and maintain settings on your device to protect your privacy and the Rensselaer's data.
To take advantage of MobEx, please speak to your computer support staff or Submit an online Support Request.
Before you begin
- Check that your device is running iOS 12 or later. You cannot enroll a device in MobEx if the OS is below 12.
- Settings - General - About - Software Version
- You must have an Apple ID to download the required Intelligent Hub app to enroll with MobEx. Please be sure to create one before beginning this process.
- NOTE: If not installed on the phone already Cisco AnyConnect VPN you must have this downloaded, configured and signed in before proceeding.
- On your phone, open the App store - Search Intelligent Hub -- Install Intelligent Hub VMware Workspace ONE app.
- Once installed, find the icon on your phone called "Hub" and tap once to open it.
- Enter your RPI email address in the field provided. (do not use Server/Server Details)- Next
- Enter your credentials:
- win\username (it is important to prefix with win\ this is your RCS id, not email address)
- RCS password (same as for email and computer login)
- you may be prompted to Save Password - tap Not Now
- Ownership screen - tap “Employee Owned” or “Corporate – Dedicated” appropriately - Next
- We value your privacy screen - tap Continue
- Set up your Profile screen - tap 1. Download profile
- A prompt for "Hub" Would Like to Send you Notifications - tap "Allow"
- Allow for this website is trying to download a configuration profile.
Profile Downloaded - tap "Close"
- Steps to download profile screen - tap Tap here when download finishes
- Back on the Set up your profile screen - tap 2. Install profile
- Install profile screen - tap Open the Settings app
- Tap on Profile Downloaded - tap "Install" in the upper right hand corner
- Next if prompted to enter your passcode you use to unlock your phone
Tap Install again
- Warning screen - tap Install
- Remote Management - tap "Trust"
- Workspace Services screen - tap "Done" in upper right hand corner
- Open the "Hub" app - tap Take me to Hub
- Prompted to Create a Passcode for Hub -- this can be the same passcode as your phone - tap Confirm
- Reenter the Passcode - tap "Next"
- Privacy screen - tap "I understand" at bottom of the screen
- Data sharing screen -- tap "I agree" or "Not now"
- Account screen -- tap This Device to verify it is Enrolled
- Go to Apple Mail app -- enter your RCS password - tap OK (you will not have to enter this each time)
- Go to Exchange ActiveSync mailbox now listed in the Apple Mail app (will be the only one if you do not have other email such as Gmail configured) -- May get an error initially - swipe down from top and email will start populating
- Go to Calendar icon -- click on Calendars on bottom - uncheck if you do not want other calendars to show here (i.e. Gmail, etc.)
- You also may want to set your default calendar to Work - Settings - Calendar - Default Calendar
- With an initial install or reinstall, Email will synch back 30 days and continue to accumulate until the device is wiped or uninstalled from the service.
Manage Your Device
Once enrolled, you can manage your device through the MobEx MyDevice Portal.