EGN2 is an electron gun and trajectory optics program.
This guide describes how to install EGN2 on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement.
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
Installing EGN2 on a computer with 64-bit Windows 10, 8.1, or 7
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open a Run window on your screen.
- In the Run window, type in explorer and hit enter, this will open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer, enter the following information into the Address bar at the top of the window: \\arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu\software\egun. You may be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Copy the 3 folders EGN2, TMP, and EGN2DOCS to your computer's hard drive. By default, you should have: C:\EGN2, C:\TMP and C:\EGN2DOCS.
- Please refer to the .txt files in the EGN2DOCS folder for information on running EGN2.