GeoStudio is a software package used for geotechnical and geo-environmental modeling.
This guide describes how to install GeoStudio on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement.
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The GeoStudio software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the GeoStudio software to anyone.
- The GeoStudio software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Installing GeoStudio on a computer with Windows 10, 8.1, or 7
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open a Run window on your screen.
- In the Run window, type in explorer and hit enter, this will open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer, enter the following information into the Address bar at the top of the window: \\arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu\software\geostudio\2018\application. You may be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Double-click on the GeoStudio-220.127.116.1139.exe icon to launch the installer.
- Click Run at the Open File security warning.
- At the GEOSTUDIO SETUP window, select your preferred language and click Continue.
- In the next window, keep the default file Destination.
- Check the box next to I accept the terms in the License Agreement and uncheck the box next to Join the Product Improvement Program before clicking Install.
- Click Yes at the User Account Control message. You might be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Once the installation is complete you will see the Successfully Installed message. Click Launch GeoStudio.
- Once GeoStudio opens, at the bottom of the window, click on Configure your license.
- In the License Management window, click on Network Settings in the left-hand column.
- Click on Edit Settings.
- Click Yes at the User Account Control message.
- Click on the Add button.
- Next to Server, replace what is in the text box with firstname.lastname@example.org and click Add.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to close the License Management window.