RPI employees with Android devices may use their smartphone or tablet to access their Exchange mailbox by enrolling in our Mobile Exchange (MobEx) service. There is a $100/year charge that needs to be approved by a staff member with budgetary authority.
The MobEx enrollment process configures and maintain settings on your device to protect your privacy and the Rensselaer's data.
To take advantage of MobEx, please speak to your computer support staff, or submit a request.
NOTE: Android installation may vary depending on the Device. Below are general instructions for most Android devices.
- Go to the Google Play Store - search Intelligent Hub - Install Intelligent Hub VMware Workspace ONE
- Once installed locate the app "Hub" and tap to Open
- Enter your rpi email address in the field provided. (do not use Server/Server Details) - tap "Next"
- If prompted to Allow Hub to make and manage phone calls? tap "Allow"
- Enter your credentials:
- win\username (it is important to prefix with win\ this is your RCS id, not email address)
- password (your RCS password used for email and computer login)
- tap "Next"
- Ownership screen -- choose “Employee Owned” or “Corporate – Dedicated” appropriately - tap "Next"
- Privacy screen - tap "I UNDERSTAND"
- Data Sharing - tap "I AGREE"
- Set up a work profile - tap "Agree"
- Notifications screen - On - tap "Done"
- Account screen - can tap "This Device" to confirm enrollment
- Scroll up on your home screen to show apps -- you will see either:
- on the bottom Personal - Work OR
- Workspace folder that looks like a briefcase
- tap Work or tap on the Workspace folder -- tap on "Boxer" - tap on "I UNDERSTAND" - tap on "I AGREE"
- At welcome screen enter your RCS (email) password - tap "Next"
- Enter a passcode for this app (can be same as your phone passcode) - tap Next - reenter passcode - tap Confirm
- Allow Boxer to access your calendar? - tap "Allow"
- Allow Boxer to access your contacts? - tap "Allow"
- Allow Boxer to access your photos...? - tap "Allow"
- Enter the passcode you created in step 15 - tap "Go"
- Do you want to get notifications from Boxer? - tap "Open Settings" - enter password for your phone
- May be prompted to enter password for locked notes
- Open Boxer - Optimize battery usage - tap on Apps not optimized - tap All - uncheck Boxer
- You can add the Boxer shortcut to your home screen -- go to the Boxer app in Work or Workspace - tap and hold - tap "Add to Home"
- Open Boxer and email should populate - calendar icon on bottom - calendar should populate
Manage Your Device
Once enrolled, you can manage your device through the MobEx MyDevice Portal.