RPI employees with Android devices may use their smartphone or tablet to access their Exchange mailbox by enrolling in our Mobile Exchange (MobEx) service.
The MobEx enrollment process installs profiles on your device that configure and maintain settings on your device to protect your privacy and the Rensselaer's data.
To take advantage of MobEx, please speak to your computer support staff, or submit a request.
NOTE: Android installation may vary depending on the Device. Below are general instructions for most Android devices.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install the app, Intelligent Hub.
- Once installed, open the Intelligent Hub app.
- Enter your email address in the field provided. (Server Details will not work)
- Enter your credentials:
- win\username (it is important to prefix with win\ this is your RCS id, not email address)
- Choose device ownership. Typically, “Employee Owned” or “Corporate – Dedicated”.
- Follow all the prompts accepting terms, allowing changes, entering passcodes and passwords when prompted.
- A separate “Work” drawer or folder will be added to your device. You’ll find VMWare Boxer there (you may need to swipe up from home screen to access it).
- The first time you open Boxer you’ll need to accept terms, enter your password, set a PIN, and allow access.
- You can add this shortcut to your home screen. For most devices, tap, and hold the icon and drag it to the desired location.
NOTE: The enrollment process can take up to 20 minutes to complete.
Manage Your Device
Once enrolled, you can manage your device through the MobEx MyDevice Portal.