System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection provides an antimalware and security solution for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Before you can install System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection you must be an employee of a department which is part of the Microsoft Campus Agreement (MCA) or a student from the Mobile Computing Program (MCP). Being a member of the MCA or MCP gives you the permission necessary to access the System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection installation files through the network.
This guide describes how to install System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection is also available for Windows and Linux, please see the following links for instructions on installing the software for those platforms:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection software to anyone.
- The System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
- If you are not a member of either the MCA or MCP, please read this announcement.
Installing System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection on a Mac with OS 10.6 or later
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- In the Finder, click on the Go menu, then click Connect to Server...
- In the Connect To Server dialog box, enter smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software and click Connect.
- In the next window you will be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Make sure Registered User is selected and then click Connect. For Workgroup/Domain, accept the default. A new drive will be mounted called software.
- Go to the Finder and open the software drive.
- Open the following folders: Microsoft > 2012 > mac > Mac > 220.127.116.11
- Double-click scepi386_x86_64.en.o.dmg. A screen opens up with three files.
- Click on the install icon. You may be prompted for your Mac's root name and password. Enter them and click OK.
- Select typical install and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Please disconnect the smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software drive so others can access the files.
- Right-click on the software drive and select Eject “software”.