Maple is software used to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems.
This guide describes how to install Maple on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. Maple is also available for Mac and Linux, please see the following links for instructions on installing the software for those platforms:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The Maple software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the Maple software to anyone.
- The Maple software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Installing Maple on a computer with Windows 10, 8.1, or 7
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open a Run window on your screen.
- In the Run window, type in explorer and hit enter, this will open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer, enter the following information into the Address bar at the top of the window: \\arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu\software\maple\2019\Windows. You may be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Double-click on the Maple2019.0WindowsX64Installer.exe icon to launch the Maple 2019 installer.
- Click Yes at the User Account Control message. You might be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- At the Setup-Maple window, click Next.
- In the License Agreement window, read the license information and, when finished, select I accept the agreement and click Next.
- In the Installation Directory window, you may accept the default or browse for a new location. Click Next once a location is chosen.
- The Maple Worksheet Association screen is displayed in the event you have an older version of Maple installed, accept the default and click Next.
- You may click Next in the Install Desktop Shortcut window.
- In case you have any version of Matlab installed, you will be prompted to select a configuration type. Just click Next.
- For the Choose the Type of Licensing window, select Network License and click Next.
- At the next screen, select Single Server and then click Next.
- At the License Server window, in the License server field type in maple-license.win.rpi.edu and for the port type in 27007. Click Next.
- At the Check for Updates window, clear all of the check boxes and then click Next.
- Review the information in the Pre-Installation Summary window and then click Next.
- Please wait while the files are installed. It may take about 15 minutes.
- In the Completing the Maple Setup Wizard window, click Finish.
- The first time you launch Maple, a message will warn you that you have installed a limited edition. Just click Ok.