Maple is software used to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems.
This guide describes how to install Maple on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. Maple is also available for Windows and Linux, please see the following links for instructions on installing the software for those platforms:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The Maple software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the Maple software to anyone.
- The Maple software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Installing Maple on a Mac with OS 10.13, 10.12, and 10.11
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- In the Finder, click on the Go menu, then click Connect to Server...
- In the Connect To Server dialog box, enter smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software and click Connect.
- In the next windows, type in win\RCS UserID for Name and your RCS Password for password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Make sure Registered User is selected and then click Connect.
- For Workgroup/Domain, accept the default. A new drive will be mounted called software.
- Go to the Finder and open the software drive.
- Open the following folders: maple > 2019 > Mac
- Double-click Maple2019.0MacInstaller.dmg and then click on Maple2019.0MacInstaller to launch the installer. You will be prompted for your computer’s root password (Not your RCS UserID). Click on the lock to enter it. Type it and then click OK.
- At the Setup Maple window, click Next.
- In the License Agreement window, review the license and then select I accept the terms of the License Agreement and click Next.
- In the Installation Directory window, you may accept the default and click Next.
- If prompted for Matlab Configuration, you may just click Next or browse to your Matlab location and then click Next.
- In the Choose the type of Licensing window, select Network License and click Next.
- At the Single or Redundant Servers window, select Single Server and then click Next.
- For the License Server type in maple-license.win.rpi.edu, and for the port type in 27007. Click Next.
- At the next window, you may clear all the boxes or select what you wish and click Next.
- Review the information in the Pre-Installation Summary window and then click Next.
- Please wait while the files are installed. It may take about 15 minutes.
- In the Completing the Maple Setup Wizard window, click Finish.
- The first time you launch Maple, a message will warn you that you have installed a limited edition. Just click Ok.
- Close all open folders.
- Please disconnect the smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software drive so others can access the files.
- Right-click on the software drive and select Eject “Software”.