Once you register for a Box account, you can share your files and folders. These files and folders can be shared with anyone inside or outside RPI. Anyone with the shared link to a folder can add files to this folder.
Procedures or Details
- While viewing your documents in Box, hover your mouse over the file or folder you want to share and click “Share” located to the far right and choose “Get Shared Link”
- Choose who can view this file or folder:
- People in your company - Anyone in your company with the link can view this folder or file and download its contents
- People with the link - Anyone with the link can view this folder or file and download its contents.
- Click in the “Enter names or email addresses.” area, and a Message box appears below. Start typing the email addresses of those you want to have this link. If the address comes up in the search, they already have a Box Account. Either keep the default message or add any text to the message area.
- If the email address does not exist, you can still type the address in but they will need to create a Box Account. For RPI Box accounts see Requesting a Box account below. For external email addresses, when they click on the link, they will be prompted to create a free box account just adding their name and a password. Once signed in they may get a message that the file can’t be found. They should click All Files. Accept terms. Then click on All Files again.
- For those who do not have an existing Box Account, you will probably want to modify the default message they receive about creating a Box account.
- Click "Send"