The Logger Pro software by Vernier is used for data-collection and analysis.
This guide describes how to install Logger Pro on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. Logger Pro is also available for Mac, please see the following link for instructions on installing the software on that platform:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The Logger Pro software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the Logger Pro software to anyone.
- The Logger Pro software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Installing Logger Pro on a computer with 64-bit Windows 10, 8, or 7
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open a Run window on your screen.
- In the Run window, type in explorer and hit enter, this will open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer, enter the following information into the Address bar at the top of the window: \\arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu\software\vernier\LoggerPro\3.9\windows. You may be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Double click on LoggerPro3_9.exe to start the installation procedure.
- At the Open File Security warning, click Run.
- At the User Account Control warning, click Yes. You might be prompted for your network password. Type in your RCS userID and password and click OK. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- In the next window, accept the default language by clicking OK.
- You will be prompted for a Password, in File Explorer, enter the following information into the Address bar at the top of the window: \\arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu\software\vernier\LoggerPro\3.9.
- Open the txt document called Logger Pro and enter that information into the Password field and click Next.
- You might be prompted for your network password. Type in your RCS userID and password and click OK. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- In the next window, accept the default by clicking OK.
- At the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Logger Pro 3.9 window, click Next.
- At the Logger Pro 3.9 License Agreement, review the agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- For the Destination Folder, accept the default or click on the Change... button to browse for a different directory. Once you are finished, click Next.
- At the Setup Type window, select Default and click Next.
- At the Ready to Install the Program window, click Install.
- You may be asked to install QuickTime 7, click Next to continue.
- At the QuickTime for Windows License Agreement click Yes to accept the agreement.
- At the QuickTime 7 Setup window click on Typical.
- Click Install.
- Once the installer has completed, click Finish.
- When asked to Upgrade to Pro, click No Thanks.
- Once the InstallShield Wizard Completed window appears, click Finish.