The Logger Pro software by Vernier is used for data-collection and analysis.
This guide describes how to install Logger Pro on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement. Logger Pro is also available for Windows, please see the following link for instructions on installing the software on that platform:
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The Logger Pro software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the Logger Pro software to anyone.
- The Logger Pro software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Installing Logger Pro on a Mac
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- In the Finder click on the Go menu, and then click Connect to Server...
- In the Connect To Server dialog box, enter smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software and click Connect.
- When prompted, type in win\RCS UserID for Name and your RCS Password for password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Make sure Registered User is selected and then click Connect. For Workgroup/Domain, accept the default.
- A new drive will be mounted called software.
- Go back to the Finder and open the software drive.
- Open following folders: vernier > LoggerPro > 3.9 > mac
- Click on LoggerPro3_9.dmg to start the installer.
- You will be prompted for a Password, back on the software drive, open the following foders: vernier > LoggerPro > 3.9
- Open the txt document called Logger Pro and enter that information into the Password field and click Next.
- A window opens up. Click on the file Install Logger Pro 3.pkg.
- At the Welcome to the Logger Pro 3.9 Installer, click Continue.
- At the Logger Pro 3 Release Notes window, click Continue.
- At the Software License Agreement, click Continue.
- A message pops up, click on Agree.
- At the Standard Install on “Macintosh HD” window, click Install.
- Type in your computer root password and click Install Software.
- Please wait until you see The Installation was Successful, click Close.
- Close all of the open windows.
- Please disconnect the smb://arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu/software drive so others can access the files.
- Right-click on the software drive and select Eject "software".