Bentley STUDENTserver is the official student portal of Bentley Systems. Registering with STUDENTserver gives you access to all of the Bentley software authorized for use by the RPI community.
This guide describes how to register with the Bentley STUDENTserver.
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The Bentley software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the Bentley software to anyone.
- The School code is confidential and shouldn't be displayed to others.
- The Bentley software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Registering with the Bentley STUDENTserver
- To access the Bentley suite of software, navigate to http://apps.bentley.com/StudentServer
- Click Register to create an individual account.
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open a Run window on your screen.
- In the Run window, type in explorer and hit enter, this will open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer, enter the following information into the Address bar at the top of the window: \\arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu\software\bentley. You may be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Double-click on the file called Access.txt.
- From step 1 of the Access.txt file, copy the listed School code.
- Reopen your browser and paste the School code into the appropriate field.
- Add your personal information into the other form fields.
- Submit the form. An e-mail will be sent to you from Bentley that contains a link to verify your account.
- Verify your account by clicking the link in the e-mail.