Box for Mobile uses the Android mobile and iOS Box app to securely store your documents, manage and shares all your files and photos on your mobile device.
Procedures or Details
IMPORTANT: Before installing the Box application, you will need to Request a Box account!
After your Box account has been created:
- Locate the Box application on your device
- Android - Click “Work” at the bottom of the screen and locate the Box icon .
iOS (iPhone) - go to the App Store, search and down load the “Box” application.
- Open the Box application on your phone.
- If prompted, tap Log In and then type your RPI email address and then click Next.
- Type your RCS username and password at the RPI login page.
- Tap Login.
- Tap on Enable Notifications if you want to be notified when collaborators makes changes to the shared Box Folders/files.
- Choose “Allow” to be notified of changes.
"All Files" appear on the main screen of Box which shows files and folders you have access to.
Taking and Saving A Photo or Video
- Click once on the folder Add the name…. where you would like to save the photo.
- Click the “+” located in the upper right of the screen
- Tap “Take Photo or Video” (iPhone) or “Capture Media” (Andriod)
- You may be prompted on Androids to “Allow or Deny” Box to access certain files on your phone, please select “Allow”
- Tap Picture or Video and then choose “Use Photo”
- Renaming the image file
- Tap on the “…” to the right of the image
- Tap “Rename this File”
- Tap the backspace key to delete the default name.
- Tap “Save” in the upper right corner of the screen and the file is renamed.
There are many links below that can assist you in how to use the Box Mobile App.