Aspen is a software suite used for process simulation.
This guide describes how to install Aspen on a user's device pursuant to the license agreement.
To agree to the license and gain access to the software, launch the Software Licensing Tool and follow the prompts.
- The Aspen software cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- You cannot distribute the Aspen software to anyone.
- The Aspen software must be removed from your computer when you leave the Rensselaer community.
Installing Aspen 10 on a computer with 64-bit Windows 10, 8, or 7
If you are OFF campus, the VPN needs to be up and running before attempting to install or run this program
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open a Run window on your screen.
- In the Run window, type in explorer and hit Enter, this will open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer, enter the following information into the Address bar at the top of the window: \\arc-fs4.win.rpi.edu\software\aspen\10\application. You may be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- Double-click on Setup.exe to start the installation.
- At the Open File Security warning, click Run.
- At the User Account Control warning, click Yes. You may be prompted to enter your RCS UserID. Please type in your RCS UserID preceded by win\ and your RCS password. For example, if the RCS UserID is smithj, then enter win\smithj for the user name.
- When the Welcome to aspenONE V10 Installer window opens, under Please Select the Suite Below to Begin Install, click on aspenOne Engineering.
- In the same window, under Installation Details, click on Begin Install.
- At the Welcome to the aspenONE Engineering V10 Installer window, click on Install AspenONE products.
- At the Read the aspenONE Software License Terms window, read the license agreement, then check the box in front of I accept the terms of the agreement and click Next.
- At the Choose the aspenONE products you want to install window, accept the default products by clicking Next.
- At the Specify licensing & security window, in the License server field type in aspen-license.win.rpi.edu and then click Add Server. Click Next.
- At the Verify your installation window, double-check the product listing and click Install Now when ready.
- Once the installation has completed, click Finish.
- You will need to reboot your computer before using Aspen. Save any work you have open and click Reboot Now to restart.
- Before using Aspen you must configure the databases.
- From the Start menu navigate to Aspen Properties > Database Manager - Aspen Properies V10.
- You will see a message that reads Database Manager cannot be used at this time because Aspen system databases have not been restored with LocalDB. Click OK to restore the databases.
- The Database Tester will then open. Click Start.
- In the next window, click OK.
- Once the tester has finished, click OK.