Webex Teams is a cloud-based application that provides video conferencing & online collaboration space.
In order to use Webex Teams, your account must be activated first, by following these instructions.
If you are new to the Rensselaer community, you may need to have your RPI email address added to Webex before you will be able to successfully perform the procedure below. If you receive an error, please submit a Help Request and select Webex Support and Training as the MultiMedia Request Category. Please provide your RPI email address, full name, and affiliation with the campus community. Once you have been added, you will be able to successfully activate your account using the instructions below.
- Go to https://teams.webex.com.
- You will be automatically taken to the login page. Enter your RPI email address in the space provided.
[CIsco Webex Teams login page with a pointer to enter an RPI email address into the box provided.]
- After pressing the Next button, the standard RPI Shibboleth Identity Provider page will be display. Enter your RCS ID and your RCS password, then click Login.
[The RPI Shibboleth Identity Provider webpage, showing where to enter your RCS ID and RCS Password in order to authenticate.]
- Once authenticated, you will be returned to the main Webex Teams page.
[The Cisco Webex Teams primary page after authentication, where all Teams and collaboration spaces will be listed after creation.]
- From the main Webex Teams page, you may download the Desktop App or continue to use Teams via the web. It is highly recommended to download the Desktop App as prompted at the top of the page after logging in.
Cisco Webex Teams Desktop App
The Webex Teams app allows for an interface for ongoing teamwork with video meetings, group messaging, file sharing, and whiteboarding. The desktop app provides greater flexibility and more options than the website for Teams and is strongly recommended.
If you receive a message indicating that you are not permitted to access the site, please submit a Support Request via https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Last Reviewed: 02-Mar-2022