Adobe Connect is a web conferencing tool that has been utilized in the past by the RPI Community for meetings and classes. The service will be terminated as of December 2019, and all users should archive and save any material they need to retain prior to that time.
This procedure will assist in downloading a recorded meeting in a playable video file.
Procedures or Details
- Log in to the Adobe Connect server at https://connect.mms.rpi.edu.
- Navigate to your meeting and find the recording. Location may vary, depending on your preferences and personal folder structure.
[Folder User Content/Username/My Recordings/Meeting/Name of Meeting shown in image]
- Click on the "Actions" button and select "Make Offline"
[Action drop down button and Make Offline choice are highlighted in red]
- Adobe Connect will initiate a pop-up window and present you with a message for offline recording. Please read the message; it explains that it is saving the file to your local machine, and provides other important details.
[Offline Recording dialog box states to set screen resolution to 1024x768 and avoid any system intensive activities while recording, as well as disabling screen saver and power settings.]
- Once you have finished reading the message, click "Next" to begin offline recording. The offline recording settings will appear. Selecting MP4 will export a video to your local machine. This is the recommended file type for preserving recordings. Selecting FLV will create a flash file.
Next, select the desired Video Quality Presents: HD or Full HD is recommended. There are advanced options if you wish to further customize your export.
Once you have selected your desired settings, click "Proceed with offline recording" and save to your preferred local folder.
[The Offline Recording settings dialog box shows MP4 selected with HD video quality and no Advanced Options.]
- The recording will play in the Adobe Connect application and will be converted to either an MP4 or FLV file, depending on what you selected. A dialog box will be displayed when the conversion has been completed, and will provide the details about the recording. The actual quality and resolution of the generated MP4 will depend upon your system resources and may be equal to or lower than the chose settings. Check the dialog box to see what resolution and FPS was utilized in the video produced.
Once this is done, your video has successfully downloaded to your local machine.
A tutorial is provided by Adobe for downloading content and may be viewed at https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/using/recording-playing-back-meetings.html.
If you receive a message indicating that you are not permitted to access the site, please submit a Support Request via https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/requests/new.