Adobe Connect is a web conferencing tool that has been utilized in the past by the RPI Community for meetings and classes. The service will be terminated as of December 2019, and all users should archive and save any material they need to retain prior to that time.
This procedure will assist in downloading material directly from an Adobe Connect meeting space.
Procedures or Details
- Log in to the Adobe Connect server at https://connect.mms.rpi.edu.
- Open your meeting in Adobe Connect.
- At the top of the meeting room, select the Pods link, then select Files on the drop down menu, then select Add New File Share or select a previously created file share.
[Menu structure of Pods/Files/Add New File Share is shown and highlighted.]
- When the new file share pod opens, click the Upload File link and select either My Content or Uploaded Files. These folders contain the content that has been uploaded for this meeting and your most recently uploaded files. Select the file you wish to download and click OK.
[Select Document to Share dialog box is shown with the links highlighted.]
- The file will now be displayed in your File Share pod. To download a single file, select it and click the Download Files button.
[File Share pod is shown with a single file and the Download Files button highlighted.]
- To download multiple files, repeat step 3 until all files have been selected and show in the File Share pod. Then select the menu in the top right corner of the pod and select Download All. This will open a webpage and provide a download link with a zip file containing all files currently in the pod.
[File Share pod with the menu in the upper right displayed and the Download All link highlighted.]
A tutorial is provided by Adobe for managing the content library and may be viewed at https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/using/content-content-library.html.
If you receive a message indicating that you are not permitted to access the site, please submit a Support Request via https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/requests/new.