[Image shows an embedded Mediasite presentation with the error "Your playback ticket is not valid for this session."]
While attempting to view an embedded video from Mediasite in a webpage using Chrome 80 or Firefox with secure settings, the error "Your playback ticket is not valid for this session" is displayed and the presentation cannot be played.
- Using the address bar in Chrome, navigate to chrome://flags
- In the “Search flags” search box, type “samesite”.
- Change the “SameSite by default cookies” setting to Disabled”
- Change the “Cookies without SameSite must be secure” setting to Disabled.
- Using the address bar in Firefox, navigate to about:config
- In the “Search preference name” search box, type “samesite”.
- Change the network.cookie.sameSite.laxByDefault setting to false.
- Change the network.cookie.sameSite.noneRequiresSecure setting to false.
Chrome 80 has introduced a browser setting to restrict playback of embedded video unless it is from the same site. Embedded links from one site to another may stop working with this update. At this time, Firefox does not restrict this activity by default, but may in the future. If the playback issue is a browser side issue, the above steps will resolve it.