Some campus lecture halls are equipped with lecture capture devices.
These rooms are DCC 308, DCC 318, DCC 324, DCC 337, and Academy Hall Auditorium. They are scheduled by the Office of the Registrar.
You may opt-in to the lecture recording service by completing a Request to Record Coursework.
This is how it works:
- Complete the web form, at link above, to provide us with the course catalog #, title, and section of the fall 2019 offerings that you wish to have documented.
- The installed recorders will be populated with instructions to record during your course(s), as listed in the registrar’s SIS published course hour schedule and based on the Institute’s academic calendar.
- There is nothing special that you need to do to start/stop the recording; it will be automated.
- You must wear the provided lavalier microphone and make use of the installed public address system in order for your voice to be recorded.
- The recorders will be capturing video of the images displayed on the classroom projection screen. In order to switch between sources (i.e. document camera, laptop computer) use the podium mounted control system.
- Unless otherwise requested, a “catalog” page will be added to your course LMS site. All lectures will be made available upon completion of processing after recording. When hosted within the LMS, only students enrolled in the course will have access the recordings.
- If you do not utilize the RPI LMS, please let us know how you typically host/disseminate materials for your students when you complete the request form. An appropriate access method will be set-up for you.
- If you are interested in controlling the release of lectures to your students, you will need a MyMediasite account. Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org for an account and appropriate security permissions for your recordings.
- If you have questions about the lecture capture recordings, please contact email@example.com.
- For support needs, visit the Rensselaer IT Services and Support Center and submit a ‘MultiMedia Services Support’ request.