You can use Blackboard to add links for Mediasite presentations to a course.
ADD A SINGLE PRESENTATION:
- Log into the Blackboard site and select your course
- Make sure Edit Mode is ON
[Image shows the title bar of the Course page, with a red arrow pointing to the upper right where the Edit Mode is: "On" is selected.]
- Choose 'Mediasite Content' from the Build Content menu
[Image shows the Content page in Blackboard, with the Build Content menu selected, and the very bottom item Mediasite Content highlighted.]
- The LTI connection to Mediasite will launch in a new tab. In this new tab, Select "Presentation" under 'Add Existing Media'
[Image shows the upper left of the page with the Mediasite banner, and a message stating Add Existing Media with two options: Presentation and Collection]
- Use the Search box to find the correct presentation
[Image shows the top of the page with the Mediasite banner on the left and the Search box on the right.]
[Image shows a successful search for Carousel Video. Below the banner it says Showing the matching presentation and has one presentation listed.]
- Click the 'Add to Course' button and select 'Presentation Link'
[Image shows a video with the Add to Mediasite Test Course button clicked, and an option to select Presentation Link.]
- A success message will be displayed--close that tab to return to the course.
[Image shows the LTI Launch Return Success! message, and instructions to close the tab to return to the course to view the new content.]
- Note that is is now necessary to refresh your view before the link will be visible.
TROUBLESHOOTING: Presentation is not found
If Search does not return your presentation, it is possible that it was marked as "Private" within the Mediasite system after recording/uploading.
- Log in to MyMediasite.
- Open the presentation you would like to link to LMS.
- On the right, click Edit Details.
- Under "Visibility" select Viewable.
- Click Save.