The File option allows you to post a file on a course content page.
1. Navigate to the page you would like to add a file and hover over Build Content. A drop-down menu will appear.
2. Under the Create column, scroll to and click File.
[Build Content menu]
3. Enter a Name in the name field that will be recognizable and meaningful to both you and the students.
4. Click either Browse My Computer or Browse Course depending if the file resides on your computer or if you've uploaded the file into Course Files.
Select File Options or keep the default options
- Open in New Window (default is No)
- Add alignment to content (default is No)
Select Standard Options or keep the default options
- Permit Users to View this Content (default is Yes)
- Track Number of Views (default is No but if you change to Yes, this will assist in course reports)
- Select Date and Time Restrictions, if you only want the file to be available to students for a specific period of time. Otherwise, leave blank.
- Display After. Select a date and time
- Display Until. Select a date and time
5. To save the file and options, click Submit.