Blackboard, the campus learning management system or LMS, now has Webex integration. Steps to install the Webex Education Connector tool are described below. With the integration tool activated, you can work in Webex "teams", host Virtual Meetings and have Office Hours all from the LMS.
To active this feature:
- Login to the LMS and go to the course you are teaching.
- On the Left Side menu hover over the + sign scroll to and click Tool Link.
- Add Name Webex
- Click the dropdown arrow for Type, scroll to and click WebEx
- Click the checkbox to the left of Available to Users
- Click Submit.
This will add Webex to your menu at the bottom. Click the menu name Webex
Then click the Setup tab.
The first thing you need to do is activate the features you want to use.
There are three features you can access by checking the box next to their name.
- Classroom Collaboration - This provides access to Webex (formerly 'Webex Teams').
- Virtual Meetings - This provides access to Webex Meetings.
- Office Hours - This provides you with access to a schedule whereby you can setup office hour meeting duration and how much time in between each you need to prep.
After you have made your selections, press the Apply button on the right side. You now have those features enabled. You will now notice additional links at the top of the screen corresponding to the selections you made above.
Once you have selected your features, scroll to the 'Authorize with LMS' section and click the Authorize button. You only need to authorize once and all of your courses will have their Webex connection authorized in LMS. (It is no longer necessary for a LMS admin to go in to authorize Webex for faculty.)
If you ever want to change your settings, click Webex from the left-hand menu. At the top of the page there is a link labeled Setup, select it. You will be brought to the setup page where you can modify your selections.
Next Steps: How to setup LMS/Webex Integration
Last Reviewed: 09-Mar-2021