There may be times when you wish to have someone host a meeting in your Personal Meeting Room without you being present. These steps will allow you to set an alternate host for your Personal Meeting Room.
Procedures or Details
Begin by logging in to your Webex Meeting site by navigating to https://rensselaer.webex.com/ and clicking Sign In in the upper right.
Depending on which view you use, please follow the instructions for Modern or Classic view. To identify which view you are using, please see the images below.
To Set Alternate Host in Modern View
- Select the Preferences button from the left hand sidebar menu.
- Select My Personal Room from the tabs available under Preferences.
- Check the box for Let others host my Personal Room meetings without me, then enter email addresses for allowed users, separating them with a comma. When you type the comma, it will move the address below the box.
- Click Save at the bottom left on the page in order to save your changes. Click Cancel if you have changed your mind. To remove a single address, click the X next to the name before saving. You can always return and remove these permissions later.
To Set Alternate Host in Classic View
- Select Webex Meetings on the top menu bar.
- On the left hand sidebar, expand Setup, then click Preferences.
- Expand the option for My Personal Room.
- Check the box next to Alternate Host for Let others host my Personal Room meetings without me. A box will be displayed, prompting you to enter emails separated by a comma or semicolon.
- Start typing in email addresses. Each time you enter a comma/semicolon, it will place that email in the box with an X next to it. To remove an email address, click the X.
- At the bottom left on the page, click the green Save button to save your changes. If you have changed your mind, click Cancel. You can always return and remove these permissions later.