Every MyMediasite user is assigned a quota for the amount of video they may have as a part of their account at any time.
Procedures or Details
All new users are assigned a quota of 50 GB of storage.
When a user reaches 40 GB of storage used, they will be notified that they are approaching quota. At that time they should do the following:
- Review existing stored presentations and delete any which are no longer needed.
- Review the content storage report and remove any Intermediate or Archive revisions (only the Head revision is required after upload and/or editing).
- Determine if they have a need for increased space, or if there is a significant amount of course material still to upload.
When a user reaches 50 GB of storage used, they will be notified that they have reached quota. At this time, account usage (record and upload) will not be halted. This policy will change in the future.
When a user drops below the threshold of 40 GB after removing presentations, they will be notified that they are back below quota.
Petitioning for a Quota Increase
If a user has a proven need for more space, they should file a Multimedia Services Support Request and select Mediasite Support and Training as the request Category. The following questions should all be answered in the Detailed Description of the request.
- In comparison to the material you have already uploaded, how much more do you expect to upload (is this half, a third, almost done)?
- Will you be uploading new material next semester? Will it be around the same amount (or more/less)?
- Should any of your material be designated as a persistent learning object; i.e., will this material be supporting the institutional educational enterprise without expiration? (If yes, please identify those items so they can be moved to central storage on the server).
- Have you reviewed your presentations and deleted any which you no longer need (and will not need in the future)?
- Have you reviewed your Content Storage Report and removed any Intermediate or Archive revisions?
Administration has a policy in place that every month, we will review and remove all non-final revisions from the prior months. For example, in March, all revisions from presentations dated February and earlier will be removed. Please be aware that your intermediate and archive revisions will be included in this process in the interest of ensuring that we continue to have available storage for all users of the Mediasite suite.
Please see the article listed in references for information regarding prior revisions in MyMediasite.
The following article can help you remove excess material which may no longer be needed in order to help you maintain a storage limit below quota.