Students can submit Assignments in the form of:
- Text typed on the Assignments page
- Attach files. The accepted file types are:
- .doc, docx, .rtf, .txt, .ppt, pptx .xls, xlsx .jpg, .png, .pdf
- Or a combination of both text and attached files
There are a few ways to access Assignment submissions. However, we are only going to describe one way at this point which is Needs Grading.
Needs Grading is helpful:
- for those courses with large numbers of students or gradable items such as Assignments, Tests, etc.
- in determining which Assignments are ready for grading and determining an order in which they need attention.
- can be filtered by Category, Item Name, User, and Date Submitted
Click on Grade Center to expand the Grade Center options. Click Needs Grading.
The Needs Grading displays on the right side of the window.
To narrow the assignments to a specific assignment, click the drop-down arrow for All Categories and select Assignments.
Click the drop-down arrow for All Items and click on the specific Assignment name. Click Go.
This filters the student submitted assignments.
Hover over the Assignment Name. In the pop-out window, click Grade All Users.
This will open the students Assignment submission in the Grade Center Box View.
The Feedback to Learner section, on the right-hand side will be closed. Click the carat to expand the window. This will allow you to add feedback to the student.
Above the student submission on the left are two icons. The Pencil icon allows you to draw directly on the students document. The Chat icon allows you to add comments directly on the students document.
In the Attempt area on the right, below Grade, is where you enter the grade you’re giving the student for this Assignment.
At the bottom-right there is an arrow and line pointing down. This allows you to download a copy of the students submission.
Once you are finished with this students Assignment submission, click Submit to move on to the next students submission.