There are several available resources for help with creating, uploading, and editing projects with MyMediasite. This article is a roundup of available resources and links.
The best resource to get started with Mediasite is by reading through the help provided by Sonic Foundry. It takes about 20 minutes to read through the entire help document, and it is an excellent resource to return to with questions.
- Login to MyMediasite: https://mediasite.mms.rpi.edu/Mediasite5/MyMediasite
- Click “…” from the top menu
- Select Help from the drop-down choices
- Click the link for My Mediasite Guide, under “Documentation”
Additionally, there are many articles on the ITSSC website, with more being added regularly. All Mediasite articles are grouped together and available at https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/sections/360007089792-Mediasite.
- Overview - Getting Started
- Setting Up Your Profile
- Setting Up Your Personalized Presenter Information
- Supported Media Types for Upload
- Creating Presentations
Sonic Foundry, the company which developed Mediasite, has courses online to help you jumpstart your productivity with Mediasite.
- Recording Your Screen with Mediasite Desktop Recorder
- Editing Your Video Presentation
- Uploading Your First Video Presentation
- All Courses Designed for Instructors
- Please note that not all of these courses apply to the Rensselaer implementation, and may include information about other LMS systems, or a different version of Blackboard.
Working With Mediasite and Blackboard
Once you have created your presentations, you will want to share them with your class via your Blackboard site.
- Correctly Setting Security for Your Mediasite Presentation [coming soon]
- Adding Mediasite Content to a Blackboard Course
If you are having difficulties with any of the processes while recording, uploading, or adding your presentations to Blackboard, there are helpful troubleshooting articles available on ITSSC.
- Known Issue: Catalina (Mac OS 10.15) and the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR)
- Recording Cannot be Searched on LMS or Viewed by Other Users
- Recorded or uploaded video is not available to view yet.
- Change Resolution of Video for Upload to Mediasite on Mac
- Known Bug for Mediasite Content in a copied Blackboard LMS course
- Browser Settings to Fix "Your playback ticket is not valid for this session" error