This article will assist you in setting up your exchange email in Outlook 2019 or Outlook 365
Procedures or Details
- Start Microsoft Outlook 2019 or Outlook 365.
- If opening for the first time you will be prompted to enter your email address: RCSuserid@rpi.edu - on next screen "Advanced setup" click on Outlook.com -skip to step 4.
- If opened previously, click File, then click Account Settings, click Account Settings again, and then click New… The Welcome to Outlook window will now appear. Enter your e-mail address into the text box and click Connect.
- On the Advanced setup screen click on Outlook.com
- Outlook will then display in the popup window that it is getting things ready for you.
- At the next window - Enter your password and optional check on Remember my credentials. Click OK.
- NOTE: If win\ does not appear before your username, click on More choices – click on Use a different Account – and in User name enter: win\RCSUserid. IF you do not have a More choices option click on Cancel (you may need to do this a couple of times until you get the screen with More choices.
- Next screen should indicate Account successfully added – click Done.
- Box will indicate Loading Profile – Retrieving mailbox settings - Outlook will open.
- Once Outlook opens, as this is the first time, give it some time to start loading in your email.
Last Reviewed: 10-Aug-2020