This document contains the instructions needed modify an already existing monitoring test in RPI's Nagios system. If, for instance, you have decided to change the threshold levels at which which alerts are generated, this is the procedure to follow.
Procedures or Details
To modify a server or test in Nagios, you'll need to submit a support request in the ITSSC, as follows:
- Submit a new support request.
- Fill in your contact information.
- In the “Support Request Category” field, select “Server → Nagios → Nagios - Modify Host/Service”.
- In the “Detailed Description” field, please provide:
- The name of the server and the test(s) that needs to be edited.
- A detailed description of what change(s) needs to be made.
Once the ticket has been entered, it will be dealt with within three business days.