This article describes how to enable, manage and change virtual backgrounds.
- There are no size restrictions when adding your own virtual backgrounds, but we recommend cropping the image to match the aspect ratio of your camera before uploading it.
Example: If your camera is set to 16:9, an image of 1280 by 720 pixels or 1920 by 1080 pixels would work well.
- If you're not sure about your camera aspect ratio, use a background image with a minimum resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels.
- Use these sources for royalty-free images: Pexels, Unsplash, Pixabay.
Enable and Manage Virtual Background
- Sign-in to the Zoom web portable.
- Click Settings.
[In the navigation bar, Settings is highlighted.]
- Scroll down to Virtual background, click on the toggle button.
[In the Settings window, under the section Virtual background, the toggle button is highlighted.]
- Click Manage virtual background.
- Image Virtual Background pop-up displays.
- Drag and drop files or click Choose Files.
- Select your desired image.
- Click Done.
Change Virtual Background in a Zoom Room
- Join a meeting.
- Click the caret (^) button next to the Stop Video.
[On the menu bar, the caret button is highlighted.]
- Click Choose Virtual Background...
[On the pop-up menu, Choose Virtual Background... is highlighted.]
- Select desired image.
[In the Settings window, under the Virtual Background section, the desired image is highlighted.]
- Download Smart Virtual Background Package? pop-up will display.
- Click Download.