What is Zoom?
Zoom is an online video conferencing and chat tool for conducting classes, events, and meetings.
Getting Access to Zoom
- Webex is the campus enterprise level solution for collaboration and video conferencing online.
- Access to Zoom for all Rensselaer community is defaulted to a Basic license account.
- Rensselaer Faulty and Staff must be manually registered to have a Business/Paid license account. Please contact Procurement to acquire a Business/Paid license.
- What is the difference between a Basic and Business Licensed account?
- Basic license: Can host meetings with up to 100 participants. If 3 or more participants join, the meeting will time out after 40 minutes. No access to account add-ons such as large meeting, webinar, audio conferencing, or conference room connector.
- Business/Paid license: A paid account can host unlimited meetings without the 40-minute limit. By default, can host meetings with up to 100 participants. Large meeting licenses are available for additional capacity. Access to add-ons and also have additional features such as cloud recording and the the ability to customize your Personal Meeting ID and more.
Setting Up Your Zoom Account
- Go to https://rpi-edu.zoom.us/ and click on Sign In.
- You will see the Rensselaer Central Authentication Service sign sign-on.
- Enter your RCS ID and RCS password.
- Zoom web portal displays.
Article is closed for comments.