Trying to print a pdf to the plotters located in the basement of the VCC, click on Printer Properties and nothing happens.
(Note: All the computers in the VCC lobby should have this solution in place)
1. Search - printers - click on Printers & Scanners.
[Search printers then printers and scanners]
2. Remove all plotter devices (VCP7100, VCP7100g, VCP7100cf) from Printers & scanners settings (do this for each plotter installed)
[Printers & scanners window - highlight printer - click on remove device ]
3. Click Print server properties underneath Related settings in the sidebar
[Printer server properties]
4. Click the Change Driver Settings button in the Drivers tab
[Change Driver Settings - Drivers tab - highlight HP Designjet T7100ps PS3]
5. Select HP Designjet T7100ps PS3 and click Remove
[HP Designjet T7100ps PS3 highlighted - click Remove]
6. Select Remove driver and driver package. and click OK. Click Yes when prompted.
[Remove Driver and Package dialog - click on Remove driver and driver package - click OK]
7. Click the Delete button
[Remove Driver Package dialog box - click Delete]
8. Reinstall the printer(s) from \\printers.win.rpi.edu
9. Download the Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter package (also attached file in this article) from:
10. Run the downloaded file: wushowhide.diagcab –> click Next –> click Hide updates
11. Check the box next to HP – Printer – 8/8/2018 12:00:00 AM – 61.183.21507.200
[Show or hide updates dialog box - check HP - Printer - 8/9/208 12:00:00 AM - 51.183.21507.200 - click Next]
12. click Next - click Close
Last Reviewed: 16-Nov-2020