When trying to print a file from Windows 10 to the plotters located in the basement of the VCC, clicking the on Printer Properties causes nothing to happen or causes the program to crash.
Note: All of the the computers in the VCC lobby should have this solution in place.
1. Search - printers - click on Printers & Scanners.
[Search printers then printers and scanners]
2. Remove all plotter devices (VCP7100, VCP7100G, VCP7100CF) from the Printers & scanners settings. Do this for each plotter installed.
[Printers & scanners window - highlight printer - click on remove device ]
3. Click on Print server properties underneath “Related settings” in the sidebar.
[Printer server properties]
4. Click the Change Driver Settings button in the Drivers tab.
[Change Driver Settings - Drivers tab - highlight HP Designjet T7100ps PS3]
5. Select HP Designjet T7100ps PS3 and click on Remove.
[HP Designjet T7100ps PS3 highlighted - click Remove]
6. Select Remove driver and driver package and click OK. Then click Yes when prompted.
[Remove Driver and Package dialog - click on Remove driver and driver package - click OK]
7. Click the Delete button.
[Remove Driver Package dialog box - click Delete]
8. Reinstall the printer(s) from \\printers.win.rpi.edu.
9. Download the Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter package (wushowhide.diagcab) attached to this article.
10. Run the downloaded file (wushowhide.diagcab). Once open, click Next, and then click Hide updates.
11. Check the box next to HP – Printer – 8/8/2018 12:00:00 AM – 61.183.21507.200.
[Show or hide updates dialog box - check HP - Printer - 8/9/208 12:00:00 AM - 51.183.21507.200 - click Next]
12. Click Next and then click Close.
Last Reviewed: 27-Nov-2020