If an individual leaves RPI, their RPI Box account will be deleted and collaborators will lose access to information previously shared. Steps should be taken prior to leaving to ensure data stored in Box is delegated appropriately if needed.
Students can convert their RPI box to a personal Box account prior to leaving. Refer to article: Taking Box @RPI With You
Faculty and Staff:
Data in personal Box space that is not proprietary to RPI and wish to be retained should be copied to a source that the faculty or staff member has access external to RPI. Examples can be DropBox, Google Drive, external hard drive or flash drive.
Collaborations from personal box space
- Prior to leaving, the faculty or staff member should review data they have shared from their personal box space to determine if collaborations should be retained and thus moved to a location that the collaborators will retain access. The data can be moved into another collaborators personal box space or it may be appropriate to setup a shared box space at this time.
- If a faculty or staff member leaves abruptly, individuals that have known shared data from that individual should contact the helpdesk to have the data moved appropriately if needed.
- Regardless, links that have been shared out will need to be updated as the link will be modified due to the new location.
Co-Owners of shared box space
- Prior to leaving, the faculty or staff member that is a co-owner of a shared box space should determine an appropriate replacement co-owner and invite them as a co-owner in the shared box space.
- If a faculty or staff member leaves abruptly, unless there is more than one remaining co-owner, the remaining co-owner should determine an appropriate replacement co-owner and invite them as a co-owner to the shared box space. Shared box space should have a minimum of two co-owners.
None at this time.