There are some preparations needed in Outlook before migrating to Exchange online.
Before migrating, we need to verify your Windows OS and Outlook version is supported. Turn on cache mode settings and turn on MS updates.
- If you are NOT running at least Windows 10, please submit a Support Request with your OS version. Exchange Online does not support Windows 7 or 8.
Verifying your Outlook version is supported - you must be on Outlook 2016 or newer. Outlook 2013 and below are not supported by Exchange online
- Open Outlook.
- Go to File - Office Account
- Product Information on the right should provide your version information
- If you are on Outlook 2013 or below on your primary office and home devices please submit a Support Request providing us this information.
Cache mode settings - cache mode should be on prior to migration:
- Open Outlook
- Click File (located in the upper left corner)
- Click Account Settings button and then click Account Seetings
- On the Email tab double click on your email account
- If use Cached mode is unchecked:
- Check use Cached mode - slide bar to All - Save
- do this for each email account listed if more than one
- Close Outlook and go back in
- Be sure to wait for Outlook to synchronize - bar at bottom will say "all folders are up to date"
- If use Cached mode is already checked just ensure it is checked for each email account that is setup
Turn on Receive updates for other Microsoft Products - follow steps in below article:
None at this time.